For nearly 24 years voters have entrusted me with the responsibility of ensuring that elections in Clark County are secure, transparent, accountable and accurate. If re-elected I will continue to work diligently to safeguard elections.
Free and fair elections are part of the foundation of our democracy. Citizens must have confidence in the accuracy of election results.
The best test of election results accuracy is a recount. Each recount in Clark County since 1998 has affirmed the original results. Two recounts in 2021 demonstrated again that our ballot processing equipment and software are 100.0% accurate.
If re-elected I will remain committed to providing excellent, budget-minded service. Whether you are registering to vote, obtaining a marriage license, recording a deed, renewing your car tabs, or interacting with us in some other way, our goal at the Auditor’s office is to increase your confidence in your government with every interaction.
I have been and will continue to be an advocate in county government for taxpayers.
I am humbled by the confidence voters have shown in me. If allowed to continue to serve I will work hard to show that confidence was justified.
I hope you will honor me with your vote.
- Clark County Auditor since 1999
Professional - Work Experience
- Chief Financial Officer, Vancouver Oil Company
- Vice President, Investment Banking, US Bancorp
- Assistant Superintendent, Groves-Atkinson (I-205 Bridge)
- Apprentice Carpenter, Local No. 1715 AFL–CIO
- Certified Election Administrator, Washington Secretary of State
- Chartered Financial Analyst, Institute of Chartered Financial Analysts
- M.B.A., Portland State University
- B.A., University of Washington
Awards and Community Service
- Auditor of the Year, Secretary of State
- Statesman of the Year, Chamber of Commerce
- Elected Official of the Year Main Stream Republicans
- member and President, Vancouver Rotary
- founding board member, Columbia Land Trust
- board member, Vancouver Housing Authority
- board member YWCA
- board member YMCA
- board member Vancouver Public Schools Foundation
- Vancouver Public Schools Community Leadership Advisory Committee
- youth soccer coach
- Salvation Army
- Heritage Garden
- Habitat For Humanity
- Santa CLOTHES
- Santa’s Posse
- Chaperone for church youth group trips